An ultimate guide to how essential is employer branding during hiring
Are you happy to continue with your present company? Admirably "Yes." Will job seekers' perspectives be the same? An organization must become a "great place to work" for prospective employees in the ever-increasing employment market competition. Organizations need high-quality employees to fulfil the needs of their stakeholders and to be successful.
One factor which can result in this success is Employer Branding. It includes a company's work culture, values, vision, mission, systems, faith, and practices, which is different from marketing. Employer branding comes into light as a necessary management practice followed by the organization to create its icon as a desirable employer in the eyes of prospective employees.
What is Employer Branding?
Employer Branding is the company's image in the perception of its associates and potential hires. It associates with the employment experience of working at a company – including functional, economic, and psychological benefits. It also includes a company's culture, values, vision, mission, systems, beliefs, and habits. Generally, we think "branding" is related to marketing, like —company logo, tagline, etc. However, the Employer Brand is your company's business identity, which is peculiar to attract and recruiting applicants.
Even if it is a product, an organization, or a corporate, branding creates a positive image in people's minds. The way companies recruit and retain candidates have changed because of technology development, social media, and career review sites which also made job applicants find the information easily. A strong employer brand will never miss the top candidates and won't affect their business. The key factor of any organization's growth is positive employer branding which attracts and retains quality employees. To attract top talent, employer value proposition (EVP) is also crucial and a key factor in working with your company.
How essential is Employer Branding during Hiring?
The current business environment has a challenge of global competition, prompt technology changes, knowledge economy development, and the need for flexibility and competence in the workplace. Prospective employees precisely choose the right organization, like the right job. Hence, organizations are focusing on how to evaluate and amplify their attractiveness to prospective applicants.
Nevertheless, some organizations adopt traditional recruitment strategies, which are short-term, and are subject to job openings. But employment branding is a long-term strategy that helps to retain the organization's skills flow. Employer brand gives an identity image, attracts prospective employees, and motivates, involves, and holds their current employees.
Employer branding is about initiating and continuing the employment relationship with prospective and present employees.
Importance of Employer Brand
In the initial decision-making stage, with the organization's basic information, Employer brands bring intellectual change to the candidates' minds. Hence, initial applicants' decisions depend on the impression of the organization's attractiveness. So, organizations should mainly focus on maintaining their image before prospective applicants turn to their permanent employers. It becomes easier to attract new talent if an organization has a good level of external recognition by maintaining the employer's brand
Applicants need the relevant information to choose to accept the various job offers they hold. Applicants hardly have detailed information about the organization's work culture. In that case, the applicant will have a positive opinion of the brand. This impulsive interpretation will have a high impact on deciding their job choice. Ultimately, this branding helps an organization to reduce recruitment costs, differentiate from competitors, and improve employee retention. Moreover, if an employee has respect and enjoys working with your company, simultaneously receives more referrals.
Few approaches to Employer Branding: what can be done?
As far as tangible deliverables go, we achieved the following:
- Outside-in and inside-out approach: Inside-out approach creates a branding image internally through employee experience by being transparent, whereas an outside-in approach is external.
- To build awareness, encourage your employees to share information about your company.
- Highlight your employer brand where candidates are searching for you.
- Give employees the voice.
- HSharing about the Awards and recognitions from other organizations will give the best impression for the job seekers.
- Feature target job descriptions in blog posts on your site.
- Turning Employees into Brand Ambassadors.
How to Determine Your Employer Branding Status
The following key points can help you determine your current employer branding.
- Employees' opinions about your company when they share their thoughts on public platforms.
- Candidate opinions - Interviewees would form negative impressions of your company if the recruiting team appeared to be disorganized, arrogant, or unresponsive. This leads to an increase in the negative perception of the organization and will be conveyed the same for the candidates willing to work with it.
- Recognising Branding Challenges – Salary should not be a criterion for the people who love the company's culture, career growth, and balanced work life.
- Acquaintance - What level of understanding do people have of your organization? , you need to maintain a strong employer brand.
As you can see, finding the custom way around Chime’s request throttling resulted in many tangible benefits for the client, without having to look for an entirely new text chat solution.
Positive outputs due to Employer Branding
If you have an external employer branding, then you will get the following benefits:
- You will get the best-fit applicants' profile
- There will be an increase in the number of applications received for the specific job post
- A quick idea to the candidates about the image of the organization
- Your recruitment expenses will decrease.
- Talented individuals will be attracted.
Internal employer branding benefits:
- Good employee experience and employee satisfaction
- Faith in the Organization
- Integrity among the employees
- Good current and former employees’ relationship
- Increase in employee retention
Your brand is what other people say about you in your absence. Your employer brand is never exactly what you claim it to be. It is what your employees and potential candidates say it is. A positive employer brand conveys that the organization is a great workplace. Overall, employer brand changes the mindset and attitude of new and current employees of an organization in the market.
If you can follow these guidelines, you should not come across any surprises during the implementation of a text chat or any other app or functionality.